Pipeline Conference 2020 - Epilepsy Foundation
Solebury Trout will be sponsoring the 2020 Epilipsy Pipeline Conference. In order to register please click on the following link:
Times are pacific standard time (PST). Please note that the agenda will be continually updated as speakers confirm their slots.
Day 1 – Thursday, March 12, 2020
Registration And Breakfast – 7:00-8:00 A.M.
Welcome And Overview – 8:00-8:15 A.M.
- Jacqueline French MD, Chief Medical and Innovation Officer, Epilepsy Foundation
- Robert Smith, Interim CEO, Epilepsy Foundation
- Kerry Youker, Board Chair, Epilepsy Foundation Northern California
Session I: We Know Where We've Been. Do We Know Where We Are Going? – 8:15-9:05 A.M.
- Lecture: Past Successes – Sonya Dumanis PhD, Senior Director of Innovation, Epilepsy Foundation
- Panel: Future Challenges – Daniel Fischer, Founder of Tevard Biosciences; Greg Mayes, CEO & Founder of Engage Therapeutics; Yssa DeWoody, President of Ring14 USA; Ilene Penn Miller, Rare Epilepsy Network
Session II: Diagnosis And Detection Devices – 9:05-11:35 A.M.
- Lecture: Can SUDEP be avoided with devices?– Sam Lhatoo MD, FRCP, UT Health
- Lecture: My Seizure Gauge, Seizure Forecasting, and the Future of Therapeutics – Dean Freestone PhD, Co-Founder, Seer Medical
- 3D Optical Scanner and Machine Vision Platform, Advanced Scanners – Aaron Bernstein, CTO, Co-Founder & CEO
- SPEAC System, Brain Sentinel – Luke Whitmire PhD, Chief Scientific Officer
- SeizeIT, Byteflies & UCB – Benjamin Vandendriessche, CMO & Gergely Vertes, Seizure Freedom Mission Solution Accelerator
- Embrace Platform and Device, Empatica – Matteo Lai, Co-Founder & CEO
- Epihunter Tracker, Epihunter – Dirk Loeckx PhD, Chief Scientific Officer
- Nelli Seizure Monitoring Tool, Go North Medical, Neuro Event Labs – Glen Fotland, Founder
- Captureproof Platform, Captureproof – Meghan Conroy, Founder & CEO
- TMS-EEG, Kings College London – Isabella Premoli MD
- UNEEG 24/7 SubQ, UNEEG Medical – Lykke Blaabjerg, Head of Clinical Affairs
- Epi-Minder sub-scalp system, Epi-Minder – Mark Cook, Director of Neurology, Melbourne University
- Epilog wearable device, Epitel – Mark Lehmkuhle PhD, CEO/CTO
Networking Break – 11:35-11:50 A.M.
Session III: Therapeutic Devices – 11:50 A.M.-12:20 P.M.
- Cathodal Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation, tDCS, Neuroelectrics –Alexander Rotenburg MD
- DyNeuMo implantable device and platform, DyNeuMo – Timothy Denison PhD, Professor of Neurotechnlogy, University of Oxford
- RNS System, NeuroPace – David King-Stephens MD, California Pacific Medical Center
Session IV: Investor Panel – 12:20-12:55 P.M.
Networking Lunch – 12:55-1:55 P.M.
Session V: What We Still Need In Drugs For Focal Epilepsy – 1:55-3:30 P.M.
- Lecture: What would make a new focal epilepsy drug successful in the marketplace? – Daniel Friedman MD, New York University Langone Medical Center
- 2-Deoxy-d-Glucose (2DG), University of Wisconsin –Thomas Sutula MD, PhD
- Inhibitory interneuron cell therapy, Neurona Therapeutics – Cory Nicholas PhD, CEO & Co-Founder
- Adenosine kinase inhibitors, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School – Detlev Boison PhD
- Revivo-5061, Revivo Therapeutics – Doug Cowart PharmD, CEO
- Cenobamate and Carisbamate, SK Life Sciences – William Rosenfeld MD
- XEN1101, Xenon Pharma – Ernesto Aycardi MD, Chief Medical Officer
- NC201, NeuCyte – Hui Liu PhD, Director, Drug Discovery
- Padsevonil, UCB – Konrad Werhahn MD, Senior Medical Director, Global Clinical Development
Networking Break – 3:30-4:00 P.M.
Update From 2019 Shark Tank Winners – 4:00-4:30 P.M.
- Rachel Kuperman MD, CEO of Eysz, Inc.
- Jody McNannay, Co-Founder, Curadite, Inc. and parent of a daughter with epilepsy
2020 Shark Tank Competition – 4:30-6:30 P.M.
- Aditya Kadambi from Mocxa for their automated privacy enhancement for seizure videos
- Atilla Borbath from Synergia Medical for their NAO-VNS product
- Boris Goldstein PhD from Brain Scientific for his graphene electrodes in under the skin EEG implants
- Jong Woo Lee MD along with Product Architectures for their night-time SUDEP prevention device
- Keely McCarthy, parent of a child living with epilepsy, for her emergency epilepsy band
Accelerator Award Reception & Presentation – 6:30-8:30 P.M.
Day 2 – Friday, March 13, 2020
Day 2 Welcome – 8:00-8:15 A.M.
- Kathleen Farrell MB BCh BAO, Senior Director of Clinical Research, Epilepsy Foundation
- Sylvia Olvera MD, Kaiser Permanente
Session VI: Screening – 8:15-9:10 A.M.
- Lecture: Status report on NINDS Translational Epilepsy Research – Brian Klein PhD, NINDS
- Lecture: Screening Across the Board: Where are we and where should we be going? – Mike Rogawski MD, PhD, University California Davis
- NeuCyte platform, NeuCyte – Thomas Portmann PhD, Associate Director, Head of Research
- CUE Platform, SynapCell – Corinne Roucard PhD, CEO and Head of Business Development
Session VII: Genetics – 9:10-9:55 A.M.
- Lecture: Mechanisms of intervention in single gene diseases – Annapurna Poduri MD, MPH, Boston Children’s Hospital
- STK-001, Stoke Therapeutics – Barry Ticho MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer
- Atalurin, PTC Therapeutics – Quintus Ngumah, PhD, VP Clinical Development
- EXT101, Encoded Therapeutics – Rosie O’Donnell MD, Senior Advisor, Clinical Development
Networking Break – 9:55-10:15 A.M.
Session VIII: Data-Driven Solutions – 10:15-11:50 A.M.
- Lecture: What can we learn from aggregated data and why should we be capturing it? – David Voccola, Prometheus Research, Co-Founder
- Epilepsy Data Experiential Network (EDEN) – Jacqueline French MD, Chief Medical Innovation Officer, Epilepsy Foundation
- Epilepsy Learning Healthcare System – Brandy Fureman PhD, Vice President of Research and New Therapies, Epilepsy Foundation
- Seer Platform, Seer Medical – Dean Freestone PhD, Co-Founder
- Using AI to predict AED response, UCB – Martin Armstrong PhD, Head of Genetics
- Doc.AI platform, Doc.AI – Sam De Brouwer PhD, Co-Founder
- Predictor of AED Response through Advanced Data analysis of EEG (PARADE), Epilog – Gregor Strobbe PhD, Co-CEO
- Epistemic app, Epistemic – Paula Gomez PhD, MBA, CEO and Co-founder
- BioSerenity platform, BioSerenity – Bruce Lavin MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer
Session IX: Rare And Ultra-Rare Diseases – 11:50 A.M.-12:20 P.M.
- Lecture: Efficient trials and Ultra-Rare Diseases - An Overview of the 2019 Research Roundtable for Epilepsy – Dennis Dlugos MD, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Lecture: Rare Populations Interactions with FDA
- Steve Roberds PhD, Chief Scientific Officer Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance
Networking Lunch – 12:20-1:20 P.M.
Session IX Continued: Rare And Ultra-Rare Diseases – 1:20-3:20 P.M.
- KB-3061, Knopp Biosciences – Steven Dworetzky PhD, Vice President of Discovery Research
- Tak-935/OV935, Takeda Pharmaceuticals – Mahnaz Asgharnejad PharmD, Vice President of Clinical Development
- UX-068, Ultragenyx – Melanie Brandabur MD, Medical Director
- VAL-0417 and VAL-1221, Valerion Therapeutics – Matthew Gentry PhD
- XEN-496, Xenon Pharma – Ernesto Aycardi, Chief Medical Officer
- ZX008, Zogenix – Glenn Morrison PhD, Vice President of Global Clinical Development
- Anavex 2-73, Anavex Life Sciences – Walter Kaufmann MD, Chief Medical Officer
- AE116, Aeovian Pharmaceuticals – Stelios Tzannis PhD, President & CEO
- Natalizumab, Biogen – Kim Parkerson MD, PhD, Medical Director, Epilepsy and Neurodevelopment
- PRAX-330, Praxis Precision Medicines – Kiran Reddy MD
- NBI-921352, Neurocrine Biosciences – Dietrich Haubenberger MHSc, MD, Medical Director, Early Clinical Development
- Epidiolex for Tuberous Sclerosis, Greenwich Biosciences – Farhad Sahebkar MD, Senior Medical Director
Session X: Reformulated Drugs And Other Therapies – 3:20-4:30 P.M.
- Buccal diazepam, Aquestive Therapeutics – Michael Rogawski MD, PhD, Consultant
- Staccato alprazolam, Engage Therapeutics – Jouko Isojarvi MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer
- Novel intramuscular diazepam, Xeris Pharmaceuticals – Anh Nguyen MD, Director, Strategy Operations
- CT-010, Cerebral Therapeutics – Dan Abrams MD, CEO
- NRL-03, Neurelis – Craig Chambliss, CEO & Co-Founder
- The Gut Brain Axis and Epilepsy, Bloom Science – Christopher Reyes PhD, Co-Founder & CEO
- Ganaxolone IV, Marinus Pharmaceuticals – Julia Tsai PhD, Vice President of Clinical Development
Closing Remarks – 4:30-4:40 P.M.
- Jacqueline French MD, Chief Medical and Innovation Officer, Epilepsy Foundation